Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cade turns EIGHT!!

It's true ... even though I don't believe it.  Cade is 8!!  I would say he had a pretty fabulous birthday.  I made birthday goodie bags for all the kids in his class & sent cookies with icing & sprinkles ... by request from the birthday boy .... as a special class snack.  Then David took Cade McDonald's ... yet another special request ... for lunch & had lunch with Cade & his class.  While I stayed home & baked cupcakes & got ready for the party.  This year we did a "modified" birthday party.  We let Cade pick 4 friends (as many as our car would  safely allow along with Cade, David & myself) & we picked them up from school.  Vivi & Pops took on Ethan & Noelle for a few hours so we could safely supervise the "big kids".  We debated for a very long time on what the birthday activity would be.  Cade didn't want to repeat anyone's party.  So he ended up choosing basketball & swimming at Lifetime Fitness.  It actually worked out very well.  We went straight there after school & spent a couple of hours just playing & having fun.  As a small group, I think they all had more time to enjoy each other & just have fun!  After Lifetime, we headed back home for pizza, cupcakes & presents.  Cade scored some really cool gifts as always.  I really enjoyed the day ... I hope Cade enjoyed it just as much! 

Happy Birthday Cade!!

Loaded up & headed out!
(I will never forget them walking to the car following David ... they looked like a row of little ducklings heads bobbing between the cars ... too funny!)

Cade, Andrew, Jackson, Ryan & Hayden
Let the games begin!  These boys have more energy than I ever imagined ... exhausting just to watch! : )


And they play some pretty serious defense







Headed for the pool!
(the Lifeguard told me there couldn't be any other kids in my pictures ... so I just put the camera away after this poolside shot)



 I made the mistake of buying a #8 sparkler candle & it was cute- but filled the house up with stinky smoke! : (


Thanking Vivi : )



"Chee!"

Cupcake face : )


Awesome new baseball bag!




No comments:

Post a Comment