Saturday, October 15, 2011

Recent Events

There has been so much going on lately ... it's hard to keep up with it all! 

At the end of Sept we went to the Maroon 5 & Train concert @ what I still fondly call "Starplex" @ Fair Park.  We met Angie & Chase for pizza & Bellini's @ Sfuzzi's beforehand ... yum!  And the concert was awesome!  Train was my fav.  They put on a great live show!  And as they sang "Marry Me" ... the lead singer walked down our aisle.  I know I sound corny- but it was so cool!  David tried to video him as he walked by us ... but it all happened too quickly.  We did get a few other good videos though.

The very next night we went to our friend Julie's 40th birthday @ the Glass Cactus in Grapevine.  (I don't think I've been out two nights in a row in about a decade!)  So much fun!!  It was with the group of parents that Cade's play baseball & football with ... and I can almost never socialize. Too busy chasing my manic 2 year old around!!  So it was nice to get out amongst the adults for a change : )  Needless to say, as Sunday rolled around- David & I were both exhausted!!

Amidst everything else that was going on ... we finally had our balcony ripped down (well ... most of it) & rebuilt again.  The two center-posts were collapsing inward.  It looked awful & didn't look terribly safe either.  It was a pain in the booty AND the pocketbook!!  But I am relieved that it is finally done.  And it looks SO much better.  I think I like it even better than before.

Our standard "before" self-photo








Shanna, Jason, Me & Craig ... also know as "Coach Craig" : )
The only shot of the evening ... taken on David's cell phone ... and only slightly out of focus



Before pics of the rotting wood under the coloumns once on our balcony


The coloumns are completely gone ... the wood that is there now is just to act as braces.  The tile has been ripped up & eventually all the sub-flooring went too.  It was a mess!


All done!

Had to include this cute shot.  Ethan was tackiling Cade ... and clearly happy about it : )



No comments:

Post a Comment