Saturday, January 7, 2012

LOTS of catching up to do! ... I'll start with Cade's 9th birthday!!!!


Is it possible ... Cade is NINE!?!?! I can hardly believe it!! I say it all the time ... but time just passes too quickly.  It feels like the blink of an eye since he was born. He is an amazingly little boy (little ... can I still call him that?)  I am so very thankful to be his Mom.  I admire his out-going personality & independent spirit.  Most of all I am amazed by his faithful & kind heart.  I think it will take him far in life. 

I have to say he had a pretty incredible birthday this year. It started with an early morning wake up on his birthday Friday morning with his entire family singing him Happy Birthday. Which brought a big smile to his face. We then announced that he had a surprise awaiting downstairs. David & I staged a little camping scene in our living room & assembled all his gifts around it. I think he liked it & definitely had fun ripping opening all his gifts!

His actual party was Saturday night. We had a camp-out in our backyard for 12 of his buddies. Complete with hot dogs on the grill, a marshmallow roast, "Captain America" on the big screen outdoors, MANY games of football, a game of "telephone" in the tent & almost ZERO sleep! It was exhausting!! But worth every second! The boys had a blast & were so well-behaved. I really enjoyed the whole evening. I was a little nervous about having that many 9 year olds sleep-over (our first ever!) But it went perfectly. I almost can't believe it. Maybe I say that because I got to go inside & sleep at 1:00am ... while David had to sleep outside with the boys! (Don't feel too badly for him though- he squeezed in a nice long nap on Sunday after all the boys went home!) What a great group of boys!! I am so thankfully that Cade has such a great group of friends.

Not enough pictures ... had to focus on the "task at hand"! : )




Rise & shine!



Thanks Aunt Joanne!


A new tent from Grandma Vicki

Grace picked these out especially for Cade ... they are glow in the dark & came in quite handy at the camp-out!

From Mommy & Daddy

I had lunch at school with Cade ... he gets to choose a friend to sit with us at the special guest table ... one of his long-time friends & baseball buddies, Andrew

At home after a long day full of activites- cake & ice cream (if you think E is mysteriously absent ... he's asleep!)





Hudson's special birthday message to Cade- precious!!

The "camp ground"

The "big screen"

Movie time (I couldn't believe they all actually sat down and watched it!)

6:30am the next morning ... the survivors.  Love this group of boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment